Sunday, March 15, 2009

Stake Conference

Well, I have to redeem myself for my last post.
Today was stake conference. I must admit that I always feel a little dread at sitting still for two hours, but I'm always so glad that I've gone to stake conference. 
For this conference, our ward choir was asked to sing. We only had a month's notice, so we have worked very hard and had extra rehearsals to get ready. We sang, "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing," ( one of my very favorites," and "I Need Thee Every Hour." Kelly Harris directed us, and did a great job. It is fun to watch her smiling face as we sing. I think we sounded all right, but several people told me they could hear me, and that was kind of distressing to me since we were a choir and I shouldn't have stood out. So I'll sing softer next time.
Autym asked me a couple of weeks ago if she could sing with me. What a joy it was to have Autym right next to me for the whole conference and to sing with me. She has such a beautiful mature voice. I can't wait to hear her as she progresses. I was also impressed with how still she sat for the two hours. It's not easy to be a 10 year old and sit on the stand, but she did wonderfully.
President Rainey introduced our new stake scripture which is, Enos 5 & 6: And there came a voice unto me saying: Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed. And I, Enos, knew that God could not lie; wherefore, my guilt was swept away. 
Trevor Abrams from our ward gave a wonderful talk on missionary work. It was really fun to hear him and feel of his spirit. 
My favorite part was President Allred's talk when he spoke of how the Holy Ghost speaks softly, so we need to be in tune and ready to receive him. I am not very good at that. It's probably because I'm so loud that I can't hear the quiet of the Holy Ghost. I really hope to be better at that, and follow through when I receive inspiration.
I asked Jason what his favorite part was, and he said, "When it was over." In his defense, allegedly it was really hot. I was just fine, so it probably was really hot for everyone else. By the time it was done, he was so hot he wasn't feeling well. 

1 comment:

NICKI said...

I can't believe your husband said that! Doesn't he have a testimony? I love your blog! And I want to taste your pesto. I bet it was good with that last package of old, rotten basil that they were going to remove from the shelf but thought some lady might buy this from us before we put out the good fresh stuff!