Sunday, March 15, 2009

I got the last of the basil!

I shouldn't admit this, but there is a side of me that isn't very nice. If I see a sign that says, "Do not touch," the first thing I want to do is touch. If a sign says, "Keep off the grass," I want nothing more than to walk on the grass. I secretly want to say swear words out loud, and thought I was going to die a slow horrible death last night while my mom's friend talked non-stop for 3 hours (Don't worry mom, I'll never leave you).
So when I was at the grocery store yesterday, I saw that there was only one carton of fresh basil left in the produce section of WinCo. My heart was totally joyous that I was getting the last of the basil. I know, it's totally mean. So today as I  made pesto, my most favorite food ever, I still felt mean joy to know I got the last one, and no one else did. It made the pesto taste extra yummy to know it was from the last container. Yes, I'm sure they'll get more basil tomorrow, but today, my nasty self is content.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

WOW, you are really funny. A little messed up, but funny. I foresee you being a really funny old person. All these suppressed natural tendencies will come out. You'll sound like a sailor and be touching all sorts of breakables. Thanks for the laugh and congrats on the basil victory:)

Brooke said...

You're like the woman that got the last churro at Disneyland before Autym and me. Hey, I want to see Autym's private blog!