Saturday, January 30, 2010

I got a few chances to sing in August. First I sang the National Anthem for the rodeo at the County Fair. Can you believe that's the first time I've ever sung the National Anthem as a solo? I as on a big sound system that really echoed. It was a little weird to hear myself sing and then hear the echo afterwards, but hopefully I sounded all right.
These pictures were taken while I was singing during the centennial celebration for the Afton tablernacle. I sang, "Orange Colored Sky," "Goin' to the Dance with You,"" Someone like You," and a new one I learned just for this called, "Girl in 14G." That was a total show off song. It took me a couple of weeks to learn it and get it down, but it is a blast to sing! It combines opera, jazz and belt mix all in one song. I hope I get the chance to sing it again some time.
Looking at these pictures also made me realize I needed to do something about my weight. Yikes! I have since lost 15 pounds since these pictures were taken. I'm going for another 15. I'll report on that as they come off.


No comments: