Saturday, February 7, 2009

25 random things

OK, so the new facebook craze is to post 25 random things about yourself. I figured I might as well post it here to save for all posterity. So here goes.
25 Random Things
1. My real name is Tamera. My dad thought I would want a more grown up name when I got older. He was wrong. Sorry dad!
2. My all time favorite book is "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn." I've read it at least 10 times, probably more, and just listened to it on CD.
3. Cheesecake is my favorite food. I've eaten New York cheesecake in New York.
4. I'm going back to school to get my Library Sciences endorsement. I want to be a middle school librarian.
5. I don't dye my hair. An occasional highlight, yes.
6. I'm afraid of heights but I want to skydive, just so I can feel like I did something cool in my life.
7.I'm happy more than I'm sad.
8. My favorite color is yellow.
9. I'm a Broadway geek. I've been in more than 35 plays and musicals. My favorite roles have been Annie Oakley in "Annie Get your Gun," Elvira in "Blithe Spirit," and Lina Lamont in "Singin' in the Rain."
10. I'm so claustrophobic that I purposely married a man with a small nose so his nose wouldn't squish  mine when we kissed.
11. I just finished the book of Mosiah in "The Book of Mormon."
12. I learned to waterski only 5 years ago. I'd rather waterski more than almost anything.
13. I think carrot cake is of the devil.
14. I have amazing parents that would do, and have done nearly anything for me.
15. One time, during the above mentioned "anything for me," my dad went with me to my storage unit to help me cut through my lock because I had lost the key. When we got the lock cut, and lifted the unit door, I realized we had cut the lock off the wrong storage unit. I had accidentally transposed the numbers.
16. I wet my pants on stage once. OK, I had a really bad sinus condition that was causing me to lose my voice. I was taking medicine for it that helped dry my sinuses, but also gave me really bad cotton mouth, so I was drinking tons of water. One night, during the melodrama, another actor handed me what was supposed to be a letter. When I opened it, it was really a picture of a naked man. I was so shocked that I started laughing and peed my pants.
17. Sometimes I am jealous of my grandpa because he is with my baby.
18. When I was a little girl, my best friend and I made stilts. I could walk all up and down the street on them.
19. I prefer to sing Opera over anything else.
20. I played volleyball and softball in high school. Most people just think I'm a girly girl and don't know I'm an athlete. I smile when I pitch.
21. I love Disneyland. I cry when I enter because I'm so excited. Mostly I just love watching how happy my kids are there.
22.I dream of visiting warm places, but live in one of the snowiest places ever.
23. I have paid for my family's Christmas the past 10 years by selling crafts.
24. I teach private voice lessons and a children's performing group, but being a mother is my favorite and most rewarding job. I have amazing kids.
25. If I had a million dollars, I would probably still live the same lifestyle. I'm pretty low maintainance.

4 comments:

Tami said...

Hmm, why is it cutting half my pictures off? Brooke, or Nikki, if you know why, help me!

mom said...

Hey - Loved your list!!!!! And - you are right - I'd do anything for you = = = musical geek - do you hear a song coming on????? No, really, I would!!!! Love you

Harris Family said...

Tami, thanks for commenting on my blog! I'd love to be on your blog list if it's ok, I'll add you to mine! Thanks for posting all these great things about you. I have a ton in common with you. I love musicals and have performed in many too. I have also done a ton of choreography for some back home. We have a ski boat (dad's, but community property stored here in Afton!) we'll have to take your family to Bear Lake sometime. I love to water ski too! You have such a darling family. I just love Nora in Primary. She is the sweetest!

Wendy said...

Loved reading your list! I laughed so hard a couple time I almost peed my pants. (I remember that story vividly.) I hope to see you soon. Let me know next time you are here vising heather. I would love to see my "pink and yellow slug..." roommate again. (I STILL don't believe that is really what you said!
Love ya